Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT ARE YOUR HOURS OF OPERATION?
Please check the calendar page for schedules. Come only if you are scheduled to do so.
HOW OLD SHOULD MY CHILD BE TO DO SEWING OR CAKE DECORATING?
6 years + for sewing, and 8 years + for cake decorating
WHAT IS YOUR CLASS SIZE?
Sewing: 4 to 6 people; Cakes: 4 to 6 people; Private Clases: 1; SemiPrivate Classes: 2.
DO I NEED EXPERIENCE TO TAKE CLASSES?
Many of the classes are good for beginners. You will choose something basic to give you the foundation to be successful. Some of the workshops are meant for people with some experience. So, the classes that need experience will be pointed out.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY SEWING MACHINE AND TOOLS?
No, we have all the equipment and tools you need to put your project together. However, you have to provide your fabric and notions.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CLASS AND A WORKSHOP OR CAMP?
- Classes are ongoing, over a period of a term or more, coming once a week for 2 hours. In these sessions students work on projects that teach them sewing techniques, which will help to perfect their skills. We have several students that have been coming for years, and are actually doing tailoring.
- Workshops usually focus on a technique or a project. They usually take place over one to two classes or up to a week.
- Camps are intense sessions that run for 1 to 2 weeks. They are not meant only for children but for teens and adults too. Camps are opportunities for children to try new skills, and for teens and adults to perfect their techniques or work on a big project. University and college bound students can work on their portfolio.
HOW CAN I COMPLETE MY PROJECT IF I COULD NOT DO SO WITHIN THE ALLOTTED TIME FOR THE WORKSHOP?
You could arrange to come in to finish but you will pay $25.00 per class.
HOW CAN I GET REGISTERED?
You could call or email to make an appointment to come in. Course registration is done on a first come, first serve basis. Spaces are limited in each course. You may request to be on a waiting list for a class if it is full.
METHODS OF PAYMENT?
Cash, cheque and etransfers. Payment in full for the course is due at the time of registration. To register call 905 875 6881 or arrange to come to the studio. If you send an etransfer do not forget to send an email or call with your security code. Once your payment is cleared you will get a confirmation.
Sign up for more than 1 workshop as a package and you will receive 10% off. For ongoing classes ask for the fee schedule for some good discounts.
ANY OTHER FEES?
There is a registration fee of $30.00 for students taking ongoing classes for the first year, and $10.00 for each of the following years ( September ).
DO I NEED TO BRING MY OWN FABRIC AND NOTIONS TO THE FIRST CLASS?
Students taking workshops have to bring their own fabric and notions to the first class. A list will be sent to you via email. Register early so you can be ready for your class. Students from ongoing classes will start with the beginner kit that I will provide. Some of the workshops and camps will need a kit for the class, which you will purchase from me.
CAN I MAKE UP A CLASS THAT I MISSED?
Students attending workshops or camps cannot make up a session due to the short duration of the class. Students from ongoing classes have a chance to make up a class if I know that they are not coming early. This will give me a chance to schedule a class for someone who wants it. Call to book a makeup class within one week of absence.
- Ongoing Classes: In a case where your circumstances have changed (eg. your work schedule changed, or you were sick) you may change your class date. Please let me know as soon as possible, as someone else could be waiting for the spot. Your class could be rescheduled within one week of your absence. If you do not call to let me know you are not coming, you will not get a make-up class.
- Workshops and Camps: There will be no make-up classes for workshops and camps.
Class registration fees are non-refundable. Refunds are not offered for any workshop.
However, if the class is cancelled you would get a full refund or get a credit towards another class. You may, however send someone else in your place if you are unable to attend.